<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Andersen Windows - Replacement Window Discussions Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/</link>
            <description>Replacement Windows Discussions Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 02:02:42 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Andersen sash scraping and stiff tracks: clean, adjust, or replace?</title>
                        <link>https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/andersen-sash-scraping-and-stiff-tracks-clean-adjust-or-replace/</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 22 Sep 2026 00:00:50 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[My Andersen double-hung windows are getting harder to operate. The lower sash feels stiff, one side moves slightly ahead of the other, and there’s a light scraping sound near the bottom of t...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[My Andersen double-hung windows are getting harder to operate. The lower sash feels stiff, one side moves slightly ahead of the other, and there’s a light scraping sound near the bottom of the track. I’m not sure whether this is ordinary dirt buildup, a dry balance shoe or guide, an adjustment issue, or a sign that a hardware part is wearing out.

Before I start taking anything apart, what’s the safest maintenance routine?

- Should I vacuum and wipe the tracks with a mild cleaner, then let them dry completely?
- Is a silicone-based dry lubricant appropriate for the track and sash guides, or should certain Andersen hardware be left unlubricated?
- Are petroleum sprays or general-purpose penetrating oils likely to damage plastic parts, weatherstripping, or attract more grit?
- What symptoms point to a sash adjustment or balance replacement rather than cleaning?

The exact series and age matter here, so I’m also trying to identify those before ordering parts. If you’ve dealt with this, please include the approximate window age, whether it’s a 100, 200, 400, or another series, what part was sticking, and what actually fixed it.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/">Andersen Windows</category>                        <dc:creator>inventor50</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/andersen-sash-scraping-and-stiff-tracks-clean-adjust-or-replace/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Living with Andersen windows after a decade: worth it or not?</title>
                        <link>https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/living-with-andersen-windows-after-a-decade-worth-it-or-not/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 27 Jun 2026 20:06:07 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[We got our Andersen windows about 11 years ago when we did a big reno on our old 60s ranch. At first, I loved them - looked great, smooth to open, and the wood interior matched our vibe. Fas...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[We got our Andersen windows about 11 years ago when we did a big reno on our old 60s ranch. At first, I loved them - looked great, smooth to open, and the wood interior matched our vibe. Fast forward to now… some of the casements are a little sticky, and one of the sills swelled up after a bad winter (might be our fault for not sealing it better, not sure). I will say they do a good job keeping drafts out, and the glass hasn’t fogged at all. But man, cleaning the outside panes on the second floor is still a pain - wish I’d thought more about that.

Anyone else have Andersen windows that have been in for a while? Curious if you’ve run into similar stuff or if I just got unlucky with a couple of them. Are they holding up for you, or have you had to replace parts already?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/">Andersen Windows</category>                        <dc:creator>rubynebula981</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/living-with-andersen-windows-after-a-decade-worth-it-or-not/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>TROUBLESHOOTING ISSUES WITH ANDERSEN WINDOW SERVICE: WHAT&#039;S WORKED FOR ME</title>
                        <link>https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/troubleshooting-issues-with-andersen-window-service-whats-worked-for-me/</link>
                        <pubDate>Wed, 29 Apr 2026 19:47:07 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Dealing with Andersen window problems, I found the best way is to first document every issue (photos help), then call customer service and keep a log of who you spoke to and when. Sometimes ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Dealing with Andersen window problems, I found the best way is to first document every issue (photos help), then call customer service and keep a log of who you spoke to and when. Sometimes you gotta follow up - don’t just wait forever for a callback. Anyone got a better method, or tips for getting a quicker response?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/">Andersen Windows</category>                        <dc:creator>mariow40</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/troubleshooting-issues-with-andersen-window-service-whats-worked-for-me/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Swapping out old windows for new ones - worth it for energy savings?</title>
                        <link>https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/swapping-out-old-windows-for-new-ones-worth-it-for-energy-savings/</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 24 Mar 2026 21:45:15 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Last spring, I finally bit the bullet and replaced the ancient, drafty windows in my 1970s ranch with some of those Andersen ones that are supposed to be super energy efficient. Not gonna li...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Last spring, I finally bit the bullet and replaced the ancient, drafty windows in my 1970s ranch with some of those Andersen ones that are supposed to be super energy efficient. Not gonna lie, the upfront cost kind of made me wince (why is everything so expensive lately?), but I was desperate to get rid of the winter chills and summer heat leaks. 

It’s been about a year now, and honestly, my heating bill did go down a bit - maybe 10-15%? It’s not some crazy difference but the house does feel less drafty, especially in the living room where the old ones rattled every time the wind picked up. The installation took longer than I expected though, and I had to chase the contractor a couple times. 

Anyone else notice a big difference after switching out their windows? Did you think it was worth the investment, or just kind of “meh”?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/">Andersen Windows</category>                        <dc:creator>ashley_skater</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/swapping-out-old-windows-for-new-ones-worth-it-for-energy-savings/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Choosing between wood and vinyl: which way did you go with Andersen 400s?</title>
                        <link>https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/choosing-between-wood-and-vinyl-which-way-did-you-go-with-andersen-400s/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 19 Mar 2026 13:24:24 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Curious how folks made their decision on the Andersen 400 Series windows - did you stick with the wood interior or go for the all-vinyl option? I’m in a 90s colonial and honestly, I’m torn. ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Curious how folks made their decision on the Andersen 400 Series windows - did you stick with the wood interior or go for the all-vinyl option? I’m in a 90s colonial and honestly, I’m torn. I love the look of real wood, but the idea of less maintenance with vinyl is tempting (especially after scraping and repainting my old ones for years… ugh). Price was a factor too, but I’m not sure if it’s worth paying extra for the wood just for aesthetics.

If you’ve got these windows, what tipped the scales for you? Did climate or resale value play into it at all? Or maybe just pure laziness (no shame)? Would love to hear what others picked and if you’d do it again.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/">Andersen Windows</category>                        <dc:creator>crafts676</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/choosing-between-wood-and-vinyl-which-way-did-you-go-with-andersen-400s/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>What made me stick with Andersen after shopping around</title>
                        <link>https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/what-made-me-stick-with-andersen-after-shopping-around/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 01 Dec 2025 14:53:19 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I finally finished swapping out the last of our 80s-era windows for new ones, and honestly, I’m pretty relieved. We went with Andersen, and I keep getting asked why - especially since there’...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I finally finished swapping out the last of our 80s-era windows for new ones, and honestly, I’m pretty relieved. We went with Andersen, and I keep getting asked why - especially since there’s like a million brands out there (and some are way cheaper). For us, it boiled down to a mix of things, but mostly it was the look and feel. 

We live in an older Craftsman, and a lot of the other brands just didn’t have that same kind of “solid wood” vibe… they looked plasticky or too modern. Andersen’s stuff just felt more like what belonged in our house. Not gonna lie, the price made me wince at first (my wallet still hasn’t forgiven me), but after seeing how well they fit and how much warmer the living room feels this winter, I think it was worth it.

One thing I didn’t love: the wait time. We ordered in early spring, and they didn’t get installed until almost July. Apparently everyone else had the same idea? But once they were in, no drafts, no weird condensation on cold mornings like with our old ones. The installer even managed to save most of our original trim, which was a big deal for us.

Curious if anyone else here went with Andersen for similar reasons - or maybe you picked another brand and had a good experience? Sometimes I wonder if we overpaid for the “name,” but so far I’m happy with how things turned out. Anyone regret their pick or wish they’d gone another direction?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/">Andersen Windows</category>                        <dc:creator>psychology393</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/what-made-me-stick-with-andersen-after-shopping-around/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Trying to budget for new Andersen double hung windows - what should I expect?</title>
                        <link>https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/trying-to-budget-for-new-andersen-double-hung-windows-what-should-i-expect/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 25 Oct 2025 06:31:16 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Has anyone recently gotten quotes for Andersen double hung windows? I’m finally tackling the drafty window situation in my 80s colonial (those original wood frames are just sad at this point...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Has anyone recently gotten quotes for Andersen double hung windows? I’m finally tackling the drafty window situation in my 80s colonial (those original wood frames are just sad at this point), but the price ranges online are all over the place. Some people say $400 per window, others are quoting over a grand, and that’s before installation. Is there some secret handshake to getting a better deal or is it just luck of the draw with installers? 

I don’t need anything super fancy, just something solid that’ll last a couple decades and not make my heating bill cry every winter. If you’ve done this recently - especially in the Northeast - what did you pay per window, and did you go through a local dealer or big box store? Any regrets or tips for negotiating?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/">Andersen Windows</category>                        <dc:creator>spirituality717</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/trying-to-budget-for-new-andersen-double-hung-windows-what-should-i-expect/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Figuring out what you’ll really pay for new Andersen windows</title>
                        <link>https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/figuring-out-what-youll-really-pay-for-new-andersen-windows/</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 21 Oct 2025 04:17:10 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Here’s how I tried to get a handle on costs: first, I measured all my old windows, then checked Andersen’s website for rough prices. Next, I called a couple local installers for quotes (that...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Here’s how I tried to get a handle on costs: first, I measured all my old windows, then checked Andersen’s website for rough prices. Next, I called a couple local installers for quotes (that’s where things got wild - prices were all over the place). Last step, I factored in trim/paint touch-ups, which I hadn’t thought about at first. Anyone got a smoother way to estimate or avoid surprise charges?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/">Andersen Windows</category>                        <dc:creator>maggiephotographer</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/figuring-out-what-youll-really-pay-for-new-andersen-windows/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Did you know Andersen has a 100 series made from Fibrex?</title>
                        <link>https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/did-you-know-andersen-has-a-100-series-made-from-fibrex/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 02 Oct 2025 18:39:13 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Ran across this tidbit while researching window upgrades for my 70s ranch. Apparently, the 100 series is a lot more budget-friendly than their wood stuff, and Fibrex is supposed to be super ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Ran across this tidbit while researching window upgrades for my 70s ranch. Apparently, the 100 series is a lot more budget-friendly than their wood stuff, and Fibrex is supposed to be super durable. Anyone actually tried these out? Wondering if the savings are worth it or if they look “cheap” in person.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/">Andersen Windows</category>                        <dc:creator>medicine_daniel</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/did-you-know-andersen-has-a-100-series-made-from-fibrex/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Curious about Andersen windows - worth the hype or nah?</title>
                        <link>https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/curious-about-andersen-windows-worth-the-hype-or-nah/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 17 Apr 2025 17:27:16 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Thinking about swapping out some old windows for Andersen ones, but um...are they really as good as folks say? Quick poll: Andersen owners, would you buy them again or try something else nex...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Thinking about swapping out some old windows for Andersen ones, but um...are they really as good as folks say? Quick poll: Andersen owners, would you buy them again or try something else next time?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/">Andersen Windows</category>                        <dc:creator>gingerartist</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.replacementwindowdiscussions.com/community/andersen-windows/curious-about-andersen-windows-worth-the-hype-or-nah/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		